I thought my 3 year old would like to do this this Easter, so rather than pay for some, I made my own using things I had around the house. (I did have to print the picture of the donkey, the praying hands, and the sword, and I used mailing tape as "lamination"). Different sources tell you to use different things, so I compiled my favorites and made my own.
Make your own Resurrection eggs
1.Jesus rode into
The people waved palm branches.
Item -- Piece of palm branch or a donkey.
2. Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
Item -- 3 coins or plastic “silver” money
3. Jesus shared the Last Supper with His disciples.
Item – bread
4. Jesus went to the
to pray to God. gardenof Gethsemane
Item- praying hands
5. Soldiers came to take Jesus away.
One of Jesus’ friends tried to protect him with a sword.
6. Soldiers placed a crown of thorns on Jesus’ head.
Item -- Small thorny branch, or a large thorn all by itself.
7. Jesus carried his own cross.
Item – toothpicks or Popsicle stick cut and glued in a cross form; or, a small plastic cross from a Christmas ornament or necklace.
8. Jesus was nailed to a cross and
his side was pierced with a sword.
Item -- 3 nails
9. They gave Jesus vinegar mixed
with gall on a sponge to drink.
Item -- A small sponge
10. After he died, they
wrapped Jesus in a cloth.
Item – cloth
11. They placed a big rock in front of
Jesus’ tomb where he was buried.
Item -- A small rock
12. Jesus is alive!
Item- empty egg