February 01, 2009

SpongeBob Squarepants Cake


I hadn't shared anything for awhile, so I thought I'd show you the cake I made for my grandson's eighth birthday. Pretzels for the arms and legs, half-doughnuts for the shoes, cookie monster plastic eyes that came with another set, I added a little icing to them. Icing covered pretzel nose, and marshmallow sleeves. The teeth are little squares of styrofoam, but, after my son heard me complaining because I couldn't find anything but styrofoam to use, he told me I could have used Chiclets!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

madretz said...

Nan, this is sooo great! I love how you use so many other treats to make it exactly like the character you're going for. Never would have thought about pretzels...or chiclets either! So cool!

a wandering heart said...

That's cute!!!!!!!

happymcfamily said...

cute!