February 01, 2009

SpongeBob Squarepants Cake


I hadn't shared anything for awhile, so I thought I'd show you the cake I made for my grandson's eighth birthday. Pretzels for the arms and legs, half-doughnuts for the shoes, cookie monster plastic eyes that came with another set, I added a little icing to them. Icing covered pretzel nose, and marshmallow sleeves. The teeth are little squares of styrofoam, but, after my son heard me complaining because I couldn't find anything but styrofoam to use, he told me I could have used Chiclets!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

madretz said...

Nan, this is sooo great! I love how you use so many other treats to make it exactly like the character you're going for. Never would have thought about pretzels...or chiclets either! So cool!

Lauren said...

That's cute!!!!!!!